March 19, 2017
Best family SUV in the world, the all-new Land Rover Discovery makes its debut in the Middle East and North Africa region
All-new Discovery showcases unrivalled capability and technology for MENA launch
Dubai: Land Rover’s all-new Discovery made its highly anticipated MENA entrance this weekend at one of Dubai’s most popular adventure spots, Kite Beach in Jumeirah. The newest addition to the Land Rover Discovery family of vehicles brought to life the philosophy of true adventure and discovery with a daring stunt drive through a challenging obstacle course to the backdrop of crashing waves.
|Land Rover's all-new Discovery making its highly anticipated Middle East and North Africa entrance at Kite Beach in Jumeirah, Dubai|
With unbeatable capability and versatility, the all-new Discovery clearly embodies the brand’s promise to go above and beyond, combining British desirability with an unstoppable spirit of adventure. The fifth-generation model benefits from Land Rover’s strong, safe and light full-size SUV architecture, delivering comfort and adaptability like no other.
Powered by Jaguar Land Rover’s efficient range of turbo and supercharged engines, the All-New Discovery is also paired with a smooth and responsive ZF eight-speed automatic gearbox. Boasting ingenious technology to keep the whole family safe, connected and confident on all surfaces, all terrains and in all weather, the full-sized, three row seven-seat all-new Discovery has, according to Land Rover’s chief design officer Gerry McGovern, “…revolutionised the Discovery DNA to create a highly desirable, extremely versatile and hugely capable premium SUV.”
Bruce Robertson, managing director, Jaguar Land Rover Middle East and North Africa, said: “Created as a highly desirable, extremely versatile and hugely capable premium SUV, the all-new Discovery is leading the next chapter of the Land Rover Discovery family with revolutionary design and engineering. A nod to our brand heritage and DNA, this new model fully demonstrates the spirit of adventure that has always been at the heart of the Discovery family. Introducing the All-New Discovery here in the MENA region alongside our official Land Rover retailer partners, we are extremely excited to offer customers and enthusiasts the ultimate combination of practicality and sophisticated design.”
Throughout the weekend visitors to Dubai’s Kite Beach got a chance to see the all-new Discovery for themselves and witness the vehicle’s dynamic appearance, sophisticated surfaces and precisely engineered details in action from 10am to 10pm on Friday and Saturday. Over a thousand visitors lined up to explore the world’s most versatile SUV and take part in passenger experiences demonstrating its all-terrain capability on Land Rover’s Urban Jungle Course which included The Hill, The Axel Twister Side Slope and Traction Tracks.
In another first for Land Rover, the experiences were live-streamed from the @LandRoverMENA Twitter account making it the first brand in the region to deploy live 360 video on Twitter. Car enthusiasts around the world can now replay the regional first live 360 video on both Twitter and Periscope.
Speaking about Land Rover’s accolade as the region’s first brand to deploy Twitter’s live 360 video, Benjamin Ampen, head of revenue, Twitter MENA said: “This literally put people in the test driver’s seats and allowed them to be part of the exclusive reveal weekend in the most immersive way possible. Whether people were taking part in the weekend’s activities or now watching the replay, they are able to move their device or scroll their finger to explore every angle shared by @LandRoverMENA. Not only can they witness the design and capability of the SUV, viewers can also interact with the video by sending hearts and commenting.”
The all-new Discovery is now available exclusively at Land Rover retailer showrooms across the MENA region. For up to date pricing, please visit, www.landrover-me.com
The Seven Wonders of Discovery:
Seven principles describe the essence of Discovery and have guided its creation:
1. The magnificent seven: every seat is the best seat in the house
- Flexible interior provides seven full-sized adult seats.
2. A much loved member of the family: keeping you safe for the last 26 years
- Semi-autonomous safety technology provides the family peace of mind.
- Premium interior combines leading design with durable, high-quality materials and space for the whole family.
3. King of the hill: unstoppable on all surfaces, all terrains and in all weathers
- Land Rover’s full-sized SUV architecture delivers world-beating all-terrain capability.
- Lightweight aluminium construction saves 480kg,
- Towing king: best-in-class 3,500kg towing capacity and semi-autonomous Advanced Tow Assist take the stress out of difficult reversing manoeuvres.
4. British creativity: designed with charm and sophistication loved by the world
- Design retains key Discovery family cues, adding optimised proportions and sophisticated surfaces.
5. Storage addiction: discover the space for everything
- Up to 2,500-litres of luggage space and clever storage for 21st century family essentials.
6. Connects every generation: Ingenious features that make life easier
- Digital Discovery equipped with up to nine USB ports, and six 12-volt charging points.
7. After the roads end: reaching threatened habitats and vulnerable people
- All-new Discovery will continue Land Rover’s work in humanitarian aid and conservation projects around the world.