January 10, 2018
Tata Power's Club Enerji wins hearts, awards, and saves over 21 MUs of electricity in its 10-year journey
- Active participation of more than two-lakh energy champions
- More than 2.5 lakh energy ambassadors created in the past decade
- Saved 20,000 tonnes of CO2
National: Club Enerji, the nation-wide movement of Tata Power, has been relentlessly working with students from various schools across the nation to spread awareness around energy and natural resources preservation and conservation. Over the last 10 years, Tata Power’s Club Enerji has grown from a pilot project to a national level student’s movement to save energy and preserve our environment. In the process of working with students to achieve its goal through the first of its kind Student-Corporate partnership for social change, Club Enerji has won many national and international accolades, but more importantly it has worked its way into the hearts of millions of students who enthusiastically participate in its unique environment conservation initiatives.
|Student member of Tata Power's Club Enerji|
The Club Enerji programme has reached out to over 500 schools in India and has sensitised over 15 million citizens, who in turn have helped save more than 21MU of electricity till date. The club also has around 1,500 self-sustaining mini Club Enerjis.
Club Enerji has now spread its wings to reach out to international locations through the launch of the Club Enerji online module available on its website. The path setting work by Club Enerji in the field of resource and energy conservation has not gone unnoticed with the company winning several awards like ABCI Awards 2017 for the Club Enerji Disaster Management module, and Asia Pacific Enterprise Leadership Awards (APELA), Singapore to name a few. The commendable work being undertaken by the club was also showcased at a prestigious, global platform at TEDx IIM Ahmedabad event.
Speaking on the various awards presented to Club Enerji over the years, Anil Sardana, MD and CEO, Tata Power, said, “While it feels good to be appreciated as an organisation, the credit goes to each and every student that is part of our Club Enerji family. It is these enthusiastic children that make Club Enerji a special programme. We will continue to work with these champions of change to give the future generations a better world by educating people about best environment practices from resource management to preservation, as well as energy conservation.”
Some of the most renowned awards and recognitions of Club Enerji are:
- Club Enerji Disaster Management module was presented with the Bronze Award for its Multimedia CD-ROM Based Presentation at Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards 2017.
- The Club Enerji movement was showcased at a prestigious, global platform at a TEDx IIM Ahmedabad event on the topic: “Driving Conservation through Shaping the Future Generation", under 'Renaissance 2.0: Inspiring a better tomorrow'.
- A case study, done by IIM Ahmedabad, on the Club Enerji initiative titled, 'Club Enerji: The case study of Tata Power’s initiative to promote energy conservation among school children' has been selected for publication at the 'International Conference on the Natural/Applied Sciences, Environmental Engineering and Clean Energy Technologies for Sustainable Development” (SYNERGY-2016).
- Club Enerji’s civic and moral values won the bronze in the Booklet Category at the Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards in 2016.
- Club Enerji won gold in the Digital Communication Category - Multimedia CD Rom Interactive Presentation at the Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards in 2015.
- Club Enerji resource conservation module won in the Digital Communication Category at the Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards in 2014.
- Club Enerji Programme has also been recognised as a Best Practice in the Learning Mission Convention held by the Tata Group in 2014.
- IIM-Ahmedabad and NFSCR have done case studies on Club Enerji programme, in 2014.
- Club Enerji had been shortlisted as BEST PRAX (best practice) for presentation at International forum in Auckland in December 2012.
- Asia Pacific Enterprise Leadership Awards (APELA), Singapore, has conferred ‘APELA 2012' Eco Advocate Award' to Club Enerji.
- Club Enerji has been recognised in the ‘2012 International Business Awards’ with the Gold Stevie Award for being the best Marketing Campaign of the Year 2012 – Energy category.
- Club Enerji' has been bestowed the Asian Leadership Award for 'Environment Leadership and Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practice', 2011.
- 'Best Marketing Campaign of the Year' Award by CMO Asia Awards 2011 at Singapore.
- Bestowed the 'Most Innovative Campaign' award at USA’s The Energy Daily's 2010 Leadership Awards.