Headquartered in India, the Tata group is a global enterprise with companies operating businesses spanning manufacturing, salt steel, software, automobiles, hospitality, aviation, and defence systems, among others. The group has been a trusted name for close to 150 years and one of the widely recognised brands in the country. The group has played a pioneering role in India’s nation building both by establishing industries of national importance as also by introducing path-breaking industrial practices.
Many Tata companies have achieved global leadership in their businesses and the Tata companies with significant scale include:
- Tata Steel, a Fortune 500 company, is among the top global steel companies with a crude steel production capacity of over 30 million tonne and is developing three greenfield steel projects in India which will provide an additional capacity of 23 million tonne per annum.
- Tata Consultancy Services, India’s first software company, is a leader in banking and financial industry with 800 plus active customers across banking and financial services, energy and utilities, manufacturing, high tech and government agencies.
- Tata Motors is India’s largest automobile company and a leader in the commercial vehicles segment. It has pioneered a host of automobile offerings in the country from passenger cars, pickups to commercial vehicles.
- Tata Chemicals is a market leader in the branded iodised segment, crop nutrients and the crop protection business.
- Titan Company is India’s largest manufacturer of branded watches and jewellery and the largest jewellery retailer in India with over 160 Tanishq stores.
- Tata Technologies is India’s largest pure play engineering and design services provider and has industry-leading intellectual property in applications and services.
- Tata Power is India’s largest integrated power company and with presence across the entire value chain in fuel and logistics, generation (thermal, hydro, solar, wind and geothermal), transmission, distribution and trading.
- Taj Group is the largest hotel, leisure and hospitality company in South Asia. It operates and manages hotels and resorts in 64 locations across India.
- Tata Global Beverages manages expansive plantations of tea and coffee in India. It is the largest packaged tea brand in the country marketing national and regional brands. It has presence in coffee retailing segment through its joint venture with Starbucks. It is also present in the bottled water and fortified water segment through a joint venture with PepsiCo India.
- Tata Sky is India’s fastest growing premium pay TV platform with a presence in 36,000 cities and towns serving about 13.5 million connections.
- Tata Teleservices delivers mobile connectivity, content and services to about 65 million business and retail customers across India.